Thursday, June 14, 2007

Work Crew redirects traffic for night construction


A work crew began digging out a narrow section of the street yesterday at the corner of Oakland and Forbes Avenues. Traffic cones and an electronic arrow pointed traffic away from the workers.

According to the Pittsburgh Department of public works, the crew was working on the water main under the street as part of routine repairs. The work should be short, and regular traffic patterns should be restored soon.

Note: This photo was taken at 10:30 p.m.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I can sleep better at night, knowing you're out patroling the streets of Oakland, themedici.

Annie said...

Did you take that photo? Furthermore, did you call the DPW to find out what they're doing? Screw the P-G, writepittsburgh.blogspot.com is the only source I need for local news.

TheCommoner said...

Of course I did. Photography is a staple of neighborhood reporting. And did I call DPW? Of course! It was actually quite easy.

Keep on reading! Keep on fighting the (Insert Group of Choice)!

Annie said...

You know, I knew this was happening, and I still got stuck in it on Thursday night. I was coming back from the South Side (and I took the Birmingham Bridge, detour No. 1) then I got stuck on Forbes because they reduced it to one lane where they were doing construction. And I said to myself, "Shit. I knew about this. Andy warned me about this," and then I was very angry with myself.