Saturday, June 9, 2007

Three Rivers Arts Festival



So this weekend I went to the Three Rivers Arts Festival, and it was pretty fun. Held for the second time in as many years, the Festival brought in hundreds of artists and artisans from around the tri-state area to showcase their talents. The first show was held in Point Park, but because of usage and space concerns they were forced to put the Festival at the Stanwix St. park and at Gateway Plaza. It worked out pretty well I would think.
Above are some pictures I snapped. The one on the top left is a 6 foot tall praying mantis. The artisan said that she was told that if the praying mantis was three feet tall, it would be one of the most deadly animals on the planet. So she decided to make it twice as deadly. I like the way she thinks.
And the picture to the right is a man selling didgeridoos. He shows them off by playing occasionally, and I was able to capture the moment. I have other photos, but I figure you've probably seen enough of the Festival in newspapers, other publications and other blogs. But if you still haven't gone, you should. It's going to last for one more week and they serve great carnival fare. Keilbasa and hot sausage were just some of the food items I tasted when I went there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.