Thursday, June 7, 2007

The Inaugural Post


Hello. You are undoubtedly one of the first people to read this blog, and simultaneously, will probably be one of the last people too. I have decided that I will use my free time to start this cool new blog. Everyone is doing it, so I decided to give in to peer pressure and do it too. Hey, it worked for alcohol and drugs, why not for me?

But the real mad fat stupid dope props should go to my Dad, who sent me this link in an e-mail.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/05/31/AR2007053102032.html?referrer=emailarticle

For those of you that don't have time to read it, the story talks about how people are using neighborhood blogs to right perceived wrongs and do some grassroots journalism. But hell, everyone knows that no one reads blogs, so why the hell would I start one? Well, I am bored. Plus, a blog will be a great way to fill time, as well as complain about the various things locally and nationally that make me angry. Which means I will have a lot of stuff to fill this thing with.

Oh, and there will also be pictures. Lots of pictures.

So I will begin posting quite soon after this one, and it will mostly focus on events I see in the news and on television, but will also focus on neighborhood stuff like that huge sinkhole in Oakland that took several months to fix, while potholes in Shadyside and Squirrel Hill were patched up quickly. Oh the injustice of it all. So there it is, local stuff with a national flair, which pretty much amounts to anything I want.

Look for many frequent updates to this, as I presume that my free time will only increase as time goes on.





2 comments:

Lauren Mylo said...

I thought you didn't watch TV news...

j/k, I know that's the point.

I'm excited to see what comes up in the next few weeks from the cubicle just one away from mine.

Sarah said...

Bring it!